Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thankful

Things for which I am thankful:

  1. Justin's surgery being at the EXACT time it was. I would not want to have had to care for him post-surgery during the hurricane. (Boiling water for baths...not fun, and very hard without power!)
  2. Travis' adaptability and outgoing nature
  3. My sister living in town and having a relationship with Travis so that she could care for him while we were away.
  4. My sister's apartment having power so soon after the storm.
  5. Our church family being so helpful offering help when we had such a need. And even doing things anonymously!
  6. Our home surviving the hurricane without any damage (no trees down, no water damage, NOTHING!)
  7. Friends who called to check on us and encourage us...we needed it!
  8. Places to stay and things to do to keep us busy away from home.
  9. Internet available to keep in touch with everyone
  10. Cell phones!
  11. Hot water
  12. Only having to clean dirt and dust when we returned home yesterday...not having to pull up carpet or tear out dry wall.
  13. Our stuff!
  14. All of Travis' toys
  15. Justin not having ANY serious complications
  16. Justin getting stronger every day and not at all acting like he had major surgery three weeks ago
  17. Justin taking his medication so much better! (Now he gets in about half of his dose..before it was closer to a quarter! He likes to smile at us when we put it in his mouth and he lets it run out the corners of his mouth. How can you get upset with that?)
  18. Randy's short commute last week
  19. Randy's job
  20. My job being so flexible (I am working my one day for Oct. this Sunday)
  21. My mom's willingness to stay with us and be carted from place to place last week, without complaining!
  22. My dad offering his place for us to stay...in Florida!
  23. A&M's win this weekend (no one's happy if daddy's not happy!)
  24. Gritless tooth polish (I had my teeth cleaned today and I HATE the gritty stuff they use to polish your teeth. And just in the past 2 weeks or so my dentist got gritless tooth polish! My apt. was later than usual because of surgery. Do you think THAT'S why Justin's surgery was delayed??)
  25. God's grace and his commitment to finish the good work he began in me!

1 comment:

JSue said...

I'm thankful I got to see you today! Wish I could have gone to lunch...

Love ya!