Saturday, September 6, 2008

Potty Training

So we were sitting at home with nothing to do, so we decided to try more potty training. Travis agreed (very important!), so we went for it.



We already had success in the bath at night, so we tried the morning. We tried several times to catch him right out of bed, but we haven't be able to do that yet. So we set the timer and sat on the potty every hour, and he did it every time! We have only had 3 accidents all week. He has earned 2 Thomas trains for entire days without an accident, and almost an entire bag of starburst candies. He has even been dry after naps for the past 2 days. And while I put a diaper on when we got out, he has been dry when we returned home. We did have one episode of 2 days without a #2, and that caused a bit of trauma, but the bathtub potty time solved the problem for us. I would not say that he is done (far from it!) but we are VERY encouraged. I am hoping that Travis will go relatively easy because I know that Justin has the potential to be a bit tougher. I have heard from other DS parents that the girls are only a bit delayed with potty training, but the boys tend to be significantly longer (maybe up to age 7-8 and even then maybe not at night). Of course, Justin may be earlier, but I am not thinking about the bridge yet.



When Justin wakes up from nap, sometimes he and Travis will play a bit in the crib. Yesterday I would say that they had their first wrestling match. Travis was very squirmy and he rolled all over and Justin was smiling and laughing. It was so funny! I tried to get a picture, but it doesn't do it justice! It looks like Travis is sticking his finger in Justin's mouth, but really it's not that bad. And I always stand close by, so no worries!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so dread the potty training phase. I sure hope Rylen hates dirty pants then like he hates dirty diapers now. Hopefully it will go smoothly. I have heard girls are easier than boys. Who knows. Sounds like you all are making good progress though.