Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What do you Think?

I spoke with another DS mom today about sleep. Justin has learned to roll front to back very easily (although he only goes one direction) and it seems to be affecting his sleep. He rolls himself over during his nap and wakes himself up and won't go back to sleep. When Travis did this, it was during the night and one night he woke himself up (and thus ME) about 12 times. So that next day I determined to teach him to roll back to front, which he did, and the next night was fine. But that has not happened with Justin. I know things will take him longer, and I am okay with that. I was just wondering if this was going to be a long phase. She couldn't quite remember, which gives me hope that the memories didn't burn into her brain. Travis still isn't a good sleeper, and I wonder, do you think that God has given me 2 poor sleepers so that I never wander too far away? I pray for sleep daily, and maybe if they sleep, I will think I can do it on my own. If I stay bleary-eyed and without focus, I will be forced to lean on God to make it through each day. If there EVER was a fear of that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

2 of my 4 were slow to learn to turn and oh those nights of flipping them back over!! Zoe refuses to sleep more than 30-45 min at a time during the day and so there is no long napping times and lots of crying. Bleary eyed YES- Knowing that God sees and feels and knows all YES- Time moving to quickly YES! I heard someone say the other day "but think of all of those who can't have any children wouldn't they be so thankful to be going through this bleary eyed stage YES! Hang in there my friend!