Friday, September 12, 2008

Recovery: Day 4 (PM)


Justin had to get a new IV because his arm was swollen from all the fluids he was getting. He has nursed a few times, but he is acting lethargic and not sucking well again. Other than that, Justin is stable and healing well.



The plans for Ike are well under way. It was a strange set of events that allowed Randy to be able to stay with me. They issued arm bands to every parent, and Randy happened to be downstairs when they were issued and he got one there, and I got one in our room. So he is receiving the parent food, and I get the tray from the hospital. At 9 pm we are all moving into the hall and Randy is going either to stay in the bathroom, or in one of the empty rooms. The staff is staying in the Clinical Care building between shifts, and they are being issued cots and were told to bring their own food.


My mom brought down a few more supplies and we are feeling as prepared as possible. Here's some pictures from today:





Randy in his bed for the night. We wonder if this is how Ken feels?



Randy holding the little man. Most of the wires he has are just EKG wires for continuous monitoring, nothing too serious.


Sleeping with the little man. We have spent LOTS of time like this!



9 comments:

JSue said...

Okay, you know when people say lol? I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I read the comment about Ken. TOO FUNNY!!!

I am so glad that you guys are able to be together on your anniversary. Even if it's not the ideal celebration you guys had in mind. Once you're ready to leave the boys for a night out, we'll all be lined up to babysit!


We continue to pray for you...Love you guys!

Laura Grace said...

Hi! We have been praying for little Justin and are so happy to hear he's doing well. We will continue to pray for your family through the hurricane. Thank you for sharing your story with us and for the photos of your children that make me smile each time I check your blog. :)

Laura in Rochester, NY
(a homeschooler who heard about Justin from Sherry :)

Court said...

I'm so glad you all are together. I am praying for you all tonight.

SC said...

The comment about Ken made me LOL, too! Somehow I think it'll still be worth a chuckle even after all the hurricane hype and tension dies down...

This is probably my last chance to check on you; so glad God arranged to keep Randy there with you! (Isn't He GOOD?!)

Praying you guys through the storm...

Love you,
Sherry

Mrs TD said...

Ok, so Ken said it's good that you FINALLY understand his plight!! He said that he feels that way often. When he was a kid he slept on a bed with his feet on his desk. Anyway, so glad you are together.

We are doing well here. The winds are picking up, but the rest of your fam is safe!

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so glad Justin is recovering well! I think of you guys often, and of course you are all in my prayers. May you be safe tonight!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Comment about KEN too funny!!! I too laugh out loud just as JSUE said...=0)

see ya on the other side of the storm...

still praying...

Unknown said...

Justin's looks pink again- That mommy's milk is good for the belly and the soul isn't it little man?! I am glad to hear that you will be weathering (no pun intended) together. God is Good! I am posting at 3:24ish in the a.m. Everyone is asleep but I haven't slept much and have spent much time watching the weather channel and praying. You guys are doing great- Keep on looking Up!

wooltidings said...

Danielle: I have been watching everyday and so appreciate the updates. I know I rarely respond, but I'm here, and you are in my heart. Sam in Madison