Monday, September 8, 2008

10:30 AM Update

All of the lines are in and there have been no complications so far. When the nurse came out to talk with us, they were just making the incision. She expects that he will go on by-pass sometime in the next 2 hours.

A few weeks ago I was at a Ladies Dinner for our church and the woman speaking mentioned the song "As the Mountains Surround Jerusalem". It's a very simple song that just says, "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people". I have been humming that chorus to myself off and on for the past few weeks. Last night I was thinking what that would feel like. One of the times that Justin was awake last night we laid him in between us on the barely-big-enough-for-one, not-big-enough-for-two, for-sure-not-big-enough-for-three daybed that we were sleeping on. I saw the image of what surrounding would look like. We were curled around him watching him, protecting him, and simply fascinated with him. I think that is a simple version of how God surrounds us. Justin cooed and smiled and clearly felt safe. That is feeling I am striving for today.


I finally got around to getting some pictures. Here is Justin before surgery:

2 comments:

Kerri Schaefer said...

JUst checked in again. We are praying! I know this will be a long wait, but God is in Control and surrounding you, Justin and the hands of the doctors! Love you!

Kerri

Unknown said...

Look at what Kerri said in the post above mine- Picture the doctors and nurses that are surrounding Justin right now but more importantly Gods hands on top of theirs guiding each move they make. The angels are above in the room looking down- Justin is surrounded as are you and Randy!