Monday, September 15, 2008

Recovery: Day 7 (Noon)

It was another tough night. I didn't sleep more than about 3 hours, and Justin didn't sleep much more. I am feeling like the doctors care a whole lot about how much Justin eats, but they don't give a lick about how much he sleeps. I am starting to get to my limits and I have to take a moment to breathe and pray before I speak to anyone (especially Randy!) Justin finally was able to get a nap this morning without interruption. I laid in bed with him, and got a few winks myself.

The chest tube is still draining out too much for it to be removed, so we will be here another day at least. We haven't had the echo yet, or heard when it will happen. There is no word yet about the hospital opening up to visitors, or releasing any patients. Our friends have put some pictures of their street and their kids playing outside, including Travis. I have watched the video of the pictures several times and it helps a little with the Travis-sized hole in my heart. I hope we can find out more soon.

2 comments:

SC said...

FINALLY -- internet access! We have been praying for you guys, and wondering...and praying...and wondering. Glad to hear you had power and communication -- in fact, it sounds like you may know more about the "outside world" than we do right now! Hug and kiss little Justin for us. Glad he is doing so well. If we had ANY gas to spare, I hope you know we'd be down there to see you in person. Lines we've seen are easily 1/2 mile long, though.

No power, limited cell (text only) but we are hopeful. I'm about to lose my laptop battery so I'll just say big hugs and we love you bunches! Keep posting the updates -- we'll look for them every chance we get. Your faith throughout this crisis is truly inspirational!

Blessings,
Geoff & Sherry

Unknown said...

Isn't is just the way it is that the men are the ones we want to lash out at? Are all his doctors men? You are right that he won't eat well if he is not rested. That is a fact of infant life much less having surgery just a week ago. And of course no sleep yields no sleep which yields more no sleep. I am soo proud of you for still being sane! I am continuing to pray for you guys but I will add patience to my prayers. You can do this - you will prevail -