Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We Have a Tooth!

I told you we would have a tooth soon, and today it finally broke through! This morning we were at speech therapy so we were messing around in his mouth, and nothing, but by lunchtime I was playing with him and he bit me! With his new tooth! Yeah! I wanted to get a picture, but it's hard enough to feel the tooth given Justin's tendency to have his tongue out. It just would have been a picture of Justin smiling with his tongue out and you would have had to take my word for it anyway.

It seems silly, but dental problems are a potential issue with DS. I have read that it is very common for teeth to come in late, and in a random/uncommon order. Justin's tooth is one of the bottom front, just like it "should" be, so that is wonderful! Travis got his teeth on the early side of the curve, so I didn't know what to expect with Justin. The books tell you all the things to watch for, but it seems to me that the other 22 pairs of genes ought to have some impact on things. And Randy has terrible teeth, so I hope that doesn't doom both boys!

2 comments:

Mrs TD said...

Yay! Well I guess compared to Travis, Justin DID get his first tooth late! Sorry to disappoint, but my kiddos have Justin beat. They both were racing to see which would happen first, a tooth or walking! They both started walking the same week they got their first tooth. So crazy! I remember thinking that they would be teething FOREVER before they got a tooth!

Unknown said...

That's great!