Monday, December 22, 2008

Tagged

So, apparently you have to read your friends' blogs to find out when you get tagged! So sorry about that! It's Christmas time, that will be my excuse!



First, from D'Lyn: 8 Things...


8 Shows I watch:
1. Cold Case
2. Amazing Race
3. Heroes
4. Lost
5. 24
6. ER
7. Numbers
8. Higgletown Heroes


8 Favorite Restaurants (How can they ALL be favorites??)

1. Chick-Fil-A (Good food AND a play place)
2. The Melting Pot
3. Chili's
4. Papa John's
5. ANYTHING Chinese
6. Sorry, we don't eat out very much...
7.
8.


8 Things That Happened to Me Today

1. 9 Loads of Laundry
2. Justin's Therapy Evaluation
3. I went to the GYM! So great!!
4. Travis had a potty accident 5 minutes after the last load of laundry went into the washer.
5. I talked my neighbor through HER day- 6 phone calls
6. I tried to find something to wear for a family picture Friday: something red, black, or white that is NOT Christmasy. For me and the boys. Does not exist in my price range.
7. I grilled hamburgers for dinner. Outside. In December.
8. I saw my sister in her wedding dress for the first time. She looks beautiful!


8 Thing I Look Forward To

1. All my kids' "firsts", and a few of their "lasts" (the last time I get peed on comes to mind particularly...)
2. Randy's return from work each day
3. Being wrapped in God's arms
4. Our 50th wedding anniversary
5. Seeing the boys grow up and their relationship form
6. Sundays and seeing my church family
7. Having the time to read
8. Snuggling with my boys

8 Things I Wish:

1. That my parents would not have gotten divorced
2. That my kids wouldn't wake up until 6:30 am (okay, maybe just after 6 am!)
3. That I lived closer to my grandmother
4. That I was a better witness for Christ
5. Can you believe that it took me until now even to think to wish that Justin didn't have DS?
6. That I trusted God more
7. That my sister and her fiance would decide ONCE AND FOR ALL to move to Texas, and then do it!
8. That Patrick Stewart could dance...this goes back to college...right, April?



And here is Erin H.: Decorations


You have already seen our tree:




And here's our front door:




But I refuse to show you our mantle because...well, then you would know I am a bad parent. We have 4 stockings (good!), but they do not match (bad). I believe that Christmas stocking were meant to point right, but ours point left, because one of them has an "M" on the other side. "Why?" You may ask, because NONE of our names start with an M. Well, that would be for my sister, who spent Christmas with us one year, and I bought her a stocking to hang on our mantle. So how could I buy a stocking for her, and not buy one for MY OWN CHILDREN?! Well, that would be the bad parent part. I REALLY want nice matching stockings with our names on them, so I went to look on line, and I could not find any that had 4 that looked like they were meant for our family that weren't sold out, so NEXT YEAR, I PROMISE, will be better! I will start looking in October...

1 comment:

~Erin said...

Funny, I've never noticed that stockings point to the right...but good to know! :) Thanks for playing.