Saturday, December 6, 2008

Justin's Progress

Justin was weighed this week and he is up to 13 pounds, 10 ounces and 25 inches. So good! (And Travis is now at 29 lbs. 2 ozs. and 37 ins.) He is eating well and getting heavier.

He can clap his hands. His trunk muscles are getting stronger and while he cannot quite hold himself up while sitting, he is close! When he falls down, it is a slow, controlled fall. When I showed his PT, Penny, this week, she was very impressed. And I was so proud! Penny has been working on standing just to get the muscles to start working. She holds his feet and legs and I get his attention to lift his head up. After she holds him like that for a few minutes, she tries to get him to try to support himself (weight bearing on his legs). He always does much better right then because his muscles are remembering the feeling. (Like holding his mouth closed after eating since he has just been using those muscles.) I really like Penny, and I hope Justin does too.

Since I have all my teeth, and the economy is in the state it is, I have decided that all I want for Christmas is for Justin to sit up on his own. I have been told it is a lofty, but attainable goal. We have less than 3 weeks, but we are working on it!

No comments: