Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baking Cookies

We made COOKIES on Friday. Lots and lots of cookies. We made 9 different varieties of cookies and candy. It didn't take as long as I thought it might, and it actually was fun. It was Randy's day off, and we had my mom to help, so with three adults and two kids we managed to stay ahead of the curve. We were making them to give to all of Justin's therapists and our neighbors, so we also packed them up and they are ready to go.







We also got a picture of Randy and Justin "flying". This is what I mean when I say that Justin's arms are out all the time. This is how he is when we carry him, but really, he is getting better. It looks very cute here though, so I don't mind.



And then we finished out the day getting our Christmas picture taken. We have adopted the tradition of taking our picture in front of other people's Christmas trees, since after one picture our tree will always look the same. This year we had to call a last minute audible because the child of our original choice came home sick from school, and we didn't want to expose Justin. But never fear...she recommended a replacement who was more than willing to open her home and be our photographer. It was so much fun! Travis is in an anti-picture phase, so we didn't know how the picture would go. But we had help from our friend's teenage daughter. She did a wonderful job of making him smile!

I love the picture cards that are available because I love seeing pictures of all my friends who are far away. The only problem is of course that they often send pictures of only their children! I love seeing the children, but I also like to see my friends, which is why I love the picture cards with spaces for multiple pictures! So you will see a family picture and a picture of the kids on all of our Christmas cards. In front of someone else's Chrismas tree. Which is why you will never receive our cards the day after Thanksgiving because we must wait for people to decorate their tree before we can request to be photographed in front of it. I wasn't certain how I was going to prop Justin to get a picture of the boys, but again, no problem. A sofa cushion came to the rescue. This is the boy's picture. I think you have seen enough of us lately!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boys are just absolutely adorable and I simply love Justin flying. He has such a wonderful personality. You are so very blessed.

JSue said...

How fun does that look?! I've been thinking a lot lately about baking sugar cookies that the girls could help me decorate to take to our neighbors. My Aunt always makes the best iced sugar cookies.

I miss my Mom so much this time of year because I always got to make candy with her.

I am glad you were able to enjoy such a special day!

Unknown said...

Zoe flies too- I've never had a flyer before but it is not easy to get through a door is it?! Those boys of yours are just too cute!