Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Little Things

Justin's progress has included some little things that aren't milestones by any stretch, but they are exciting advances for me:

He is really starting to hold himself up on his legs by himself. I never thought we would get past the phase of him scrunching his legs all up when he is held up. I am SO relieved!

He is moving his tongue around his mouth and actually starting to bite down (like he needs to do for eating). He does better on his left side, not so well on the right.

He is holding on when I carry him. Not really "holding", but at least curling his arms in when I hold him on my hip. This may not seem all that important, but it is if you ever want to walk through a doorway without pulling all limbs in for safe passage. I do love that he throws his arms way out, but it works much better for getting hugs than anything else.

And my biggest thrill...I think he is getting a tooth!!! No, really! I thought maybe he was a few weeks ago, but this is the real thing! It may take a long time, but I promise, it's there. And it's one of the middle bottom, just like it's supposed to be. It's hard to see it because his tongue is usually covering it, but I know it's there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited about all of Justin's progress! It is so great to hear that he is making such accomplishments. I know you are one happy momma!

Unknown said...

Little things are always great- we are still looking for that first tooth- much drool, many things in mouth- not even so much as a bubble : ) I love that pic of you and Travis catching snow and the one of Justin on the front porch in his Bumbo- Babies in Bumbos are just the cutest!- We finally rolled from back to front day before yesterday- as a mom of preemies I am always thankful for the little things or milestones in this case to remind me that God is Good-All the Time!