Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Prayer Requests

I thought I would pass along some specific things you can be praying about for our family this month:

  1. We are working with Justin to pick up and eat foods that require more chewing. This includes even things like peas and bits of cooked carrot. He likes things when they are pureed, but not when he has to chew them himself.
  2. Justin is making great strides in physical therapy, and we want him to continue working on his leg strength to start crawling. Please pray for his persistence (and ours!) to meet this goal.
  3. We are having a tough time controlling Travis' volume when he talks. We talk about the inside voice, outside voice, and church voice, but he's having a difficult time using them appropriately. Not completely unreasonable to expect a toddler to be loud, but he scares Justin when he talks too loudly. Please pray for him to catch on to this quickly.
  4. I am doing overnight trips at work for the first time in 3 years. This means that I will be away from Justin for a whole calendar day each trip, the first time in his life. It will be tough on me, but I think the time to myself will be very valuable. Please pray that I use it wisely to be reinvigorated when I return.
  5. We am trying to establish a schedule that we can live with for our family. I keep thinking that the busyness will not last and if we can just make it a little longer, we will have a break. Hasn't happened yet. We want to make certain that we use our time as a family intentionally.

1 comment:

DL said...

I feel your pain trying to teach Travis to discriminate between appropriate volumes. One little visual (audio?) I have always used with my preschoolers is to fill an empty water bottle with a handful of dry lima beans (or pennies), another with dry rice, and a third with mini marshmallows or cotton balls. You can supplement whatever items you have, but basically you want one to demonstrate how an "outside" voice sounds, an "inside" voice and then a whisper. I found it helped my kids understand, and if they needed a reminder, I told them to go listen to the appropriate bottle that fit the situation. Just an idea someone once shared with me that I thought you might be able to use!