Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Guess I Should Have Explained That a Little Better

We were eating dinner tonight and Travis had finished, so he was bringing his plate and glass over to the sink. If he doesn't finish his drink, we usually put it in the refrigerator for the next meal. Tonight, I decided that I didn't want an open cup in the refrigerator, so I said I was going to throw it away. That's what I said: throw it away. So Travis heads to the trash can with his glass. I was able to catch him before he threw his drink away, and I lifted him up to the kitchen sink to pour it out. Except I was not able to get the words out before he threw the glass in the sink. Threw it. It was a plastic glass, thank goodness, but filled with, you guessed it, red crystal lite. Fruit punch. It was all over everything in close proximity: sink, counter, wall paper, cabinets, window, and curtain. What can you do but stare dumbly. He threw it away. Just like I said. There was no yelling, no cowering, but there were a few chuckles. And Travis got a lesson in cleaning up. He actually enjoyed it immensely. And next time I will explain before I lift him up to throw. He's got a pretty good arm.


(He has no shirt because we ate pizza and I learned early that pizza and Travis' shirt are a bad combination. If I want it ever to be clean again.)

And Travis dropped his sippie cup on the baby toe of my other foot, the one I didn't break last month. I promise you, it's broken. I am not going to the doctor to find out though. I know the procedure now, and if my shoe fits (it kind of doesn't) I am going with it. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to start wearing steel toed shoes! :)

Unknown said...

nothing like them taking you seriously right? sorry about your toe yikes!