Monday, August 10, 2009

Multitasking

I have always considered myself fairly good at multitasking, but it turns out I am just more blind to my inadequacies! Today was the first day since Travis was born that I actually considered scraping everything (dinner, chores, the messy house) and taking the kids out for a drive and to eat dinner. It has been dark outside all afternoon, and it thundered just enough to keep Justin from napping, but not one drop of rain has yet to fall on our yard. So I had to water the lawn, and that is all that kept me home this evening. I did consider it though. I even have a coupon for Chick-fil-A for a free kid's meal that would have pleased Travis to no end. Another day...

So I was preparing dinner, washing clothes, feeding Justin, oh yes, and watering the lawn. Travis was unloading the plastics cabinet for the first time in...a year maybe? He was asking me questions and I was giving the usually response, "Uh-huh, sure..." and not really listening. When Justin finally had calmed down, dinner was coming along, the loads of laundry had been changed, the lawn was getting watered I turned around and Travis was playing in the refrigerator and freezer! He had them both opened and he was mixing "juice" in the plastic containers and then putting them in the refrigerator or freezer to cool. Every inch was crammed with empty containers. I racked by brain and finally I found it: " Mom, can I play in the refrigerator?" "Uh-huh, sure..."

I seriously said that??

3 comments:

~Erin said...

Sorry you had such a crazy day. I have to say though, if you have a coupon ready for your splurge meal...it is not a splurge. Just sayin - HA! You crack me up! Hope today is better for you.

Unknown said...

Too funny! I have to watch what I say yes too, especially since I can't understand Rylen yet. I might end up in the same predicament.

Unknown said...

how many times do we mommies get ourselves in trouble for saying that?!