Thursday, September 24, 2009

The End of Dishwasher Appreciation and Musings Over a Less Than Clean Floor

The parts arrived for our dishwasher (none too soon!) and the repair man came and repaired the dishwasher yesterday. Travis, Justin, and I ate some raisins and watched the repair process. Travis thoroughly enjoyed the show and was quick to show the repair man all of his tools. When I was changing another dirty diaper, I heard some commotion in the kitchen and hurried back in time to hear the repair man ask Travis to go find me and ask for some old towels. Never good when water is involved. He had turned the water back on under the sink and a hose to the water filtration system had popped off and sprayed water everywhere. He quickly turned it off, but it took several minutes to soak up the mess. (The cabinet under the sink is now spotless!) Tragedy was averted and the dishwasher is now good as new. I plan on running the first post-repair load of dishes shortly.

I had every intention of mopping the floor last night, especially after taking out the trash and finding that the water had rounded the corner and filled the pantry. But it didn't happen. Perhaps a good thing, since Travis dropped a bowl of ranch dressing on the floor when he was clearing his dishes from lunch today.
What is it about the kitchen floor (or really any floor) that totally makes it attract spills, stains, crumbs, hair, etc.? Is it just because of gravity or is there some other force? Given that Justin licks the floor in the kitchen every day, I could spend my entire life ensuring his health by keeping the floor clean. I have decided that I will keep it chunk-free, and the rest I will have to leave to God. Maybe we should get a dog. Or maybe rent one. Can you do that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Justin "cat fish" DeCarlo- He and Zoe "cat fish" Babcock should get along very well whenever they get together- she too is a bottom feeder!