Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Few Things

I went to work this weekend, and it was a good trip. Randy met me at the door Sunday morning when I returned with the update from my absence:
  • Justin got another tooth! That makes 14, and about 6 in the past month. He is not too far behind Travis at this age. Randy does a nightly "tooth check" because Justin has had so many so close to coming through. It's not Justin favorite part of the bedtime routine, and I don't dare stick my fingers in Justin's mouth since he bites HARD. So that is saved for Daddy.
  • The cat puked on the bed spread. Excellent.
  • This one I didn't even have to wait until I got home to find out. Travis tattled on Daddy, when I called on the way home. When we mow the lawn, we put Justin in a laundry basket with some toys. He threw them out and he had to reach out to get them, and he tipped himself over and skinned his little nose. Randy said he barely cried, but it looks like he has a bloody nose. Now I guess I have to make the effort to get out the whole pack and play.
  • And the biggest thing was another first for Justin. I am so happy that Randy was able to see this because dads tend to miss so many firsts. I am glad this was something special he could have and he will be able to remember. Ok, so here it is: Justin sat up in bed all by himself! He has never sat up without help ever! Randy walked in and Justin started clapping for himself, like he was saying, "Look at me! Look what I did!" All of us have been working diligently on this, and if we get him started, he can sit up most of the way, but he never actively chooses to sit up on his own. So this was amazing! Of course, he hasn't repeated his feat, but we know he can do it now, so now there is no slack!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for that big boy!!!! And 14 teeth holy cow- that is a mouth full-- happy for the positive forward steps!