Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thankful?

Recently I have been feeling very thankful for my washing machine. I just love that I can dump in dirty clothes and they come out clean with minimal effort. I think that has to make laundry one of my favorite chores because it really doesn't take a lot of time or effort. I do not enjoy folding or ironing, but that's another story. Anyway, so just about every week I pray a quick prayer of thanksgiving for my washing machine. Evidently the dishwasher has been feeling under appreciated because this week it decided to quit. Cold turkey. So I have been washing dishes this week by hand, and expressing overdue thanks to my dishwasher. I have about 2 more weeks to go before the part comes in for it to be fixed. I am hoping by then we will be even.

2 comments:

Court said...

In the meantime, HEB had some great deals on paper plates. That might be helpful!

Unknown said...

That is so funny that you said that because this morning in Ladies Bible Class - we were talking about hearing the voice of God while doing mundane things and I spoke of my laundry room having the ability to allow me not to hear too much of the noise in the house and being the perfect place to hear God- great place to count blessings- like that of the washer in your case and for me the blessing of being clothed! Great minds think alike- sorry for your dishwasher issues.