Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oh, What a Difference a Year Makes

This morning during speech therapy as the clock ticked to 9:00 am I got a little lump in my throat as I recalled what we were doing last year on this day at this time. I handed my little boy over to an anesthesiologist and watched the doors swing shut behind them as they prepared to fix Justin's heart. So different from today! We have made so much progress and I have to give God all the glory because I know that he is the Great Physician and the Mighty Healer who has held Justin is his strong arms the entire time. We weren't able to see Justin until about 8 pm that night and when we did, this is what we saw:





Tonight at not quite 7 pm, this is what we saw:








Our little man with quite some personality! The scar is fairly faint and we barely even notice it anymore. No ill effects from the surgery and such a great prognosis every time we visit the cardiologist. And now, he is close to crawling. I would say that I want that to be my Christmas present this year, but I think it will be before then, so I don't want to waste my present too early! Thank you all, for a fabulous year post-surgery. We are picking up steam as a family, and we are not looking back. Only to recall the faithfulness and steadfastness of the Lord Almighty. He is so good!

4 comments:

Mrs TD said...

I thought about last year all day today! That was one of the longest days of my life and I was so blessed to be a part of that day. Justin is such a precious boy and we love him (and the rest of the family ;)) dearly. Then upon arriving home, we began planning for Ike and our houseguests! What a whirlwind week that was. God was holding your entire family in His hands that week!

Amy Mac said...

Happy one year surgery anniversary Justin! So glad he is doing so great!

Unknown said...

that brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that he is doing so well. Our little ones are just so precious!

Court said...

I remember that day well! Oh, he lifted in prayer Justin was (and is). It was an honor to help your family in any way we could during that time. I was blessed to be in prayer and support. How great is God!