Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Therapy

When we went to the DS Clinic last week they gave us a list of therapists who various other clients have used. That was to be our starting point for searching for additional therapy options. It had about 25 names on it and after eliminating the 10 or so that are too far away I called the rest. Wow, not fun. I got a variety of responses: We don't accept your insurance, we only take Medicaid, we no longer do pediatric therapy, we have an indefinitely long waiting list, we have no one available in your area, we only do therapy for the CLASS program (one of the 8-year lists Justin is on), and we have no openings. That left 2 places. I have appointments with both places, but I also learned something interesting about our new insurance. Apparently we have a limit of 25 combined sessions of PT/OT for the life of the plan. Not per incident, not per year, per plan. As long as we have the insurance we can only use 25 visits. We can burn through those in 3 months! After that it's out of pocket. And technically Speech is included, but for some reason they continue to pay for speech unless you press the issue with PT and OT and then they cut off everything and bill you for what they overpaid for speech.

Now this is only what someone told me. Our plan COULD be different. I don't know. But anyway, it's something else I could stress about. But I have decided not to. God is teaching me and I am trying to learn. I stressed about BCBS and our pediatrician and that was resolved without incident. I stressed about Randy having to leave the hospital during the hurricane and he never had to go. This has more than 6 weeks before it's a problem, and God can work in an instant. Can you imagine the things he can do in 6 weeks? We could lose our jobs. Justin could make radical progress and not require therapy. Someone could offer to pay for all Justin's therapy. And my favorite: Jesus could return. I trust God to take care of ALL my needs and if I am going to say that I need to act like I believe it. And I do believe it. God had proved himself again and again and I LOVE seeing where he works. Last week we had to drop Travis off with some friends at 6:30 am and I just marveled at how God led us to our home almost 10 years ago knowing then that we would need friends close by to help us during this time. We have so many friends close by who would help us in a heartbeat and God knew to put us RIGHT HERE. I love it! God is SO good!

No comments: