Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Randy was off so we had a lazy day. Justin got his first dose of the synagis vaccine which will protect him from RSV this season. (He has to get a shot every 28-32 days through March.) And Travis fell asleep in the car on the way home and missed lunch while he slept for 3 hours. I voted early! I waited in line for only 45 minutes.

Then we dressed the boys up in their costumes and went to the TD Family's house for dinner and then trick-or-treating. The boys dressed as M&M's. Travis liked it and Justin didn't really care. I couldn't find gloves for Justin, so I improvised and used socks. I cut holes so he could suck him thumbs, and the right sock was VERY wet by the end of the evening. The gloves worked both for the costume and to prevent the saliva issue from Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. (If he does have it...I cannot justify a co-pay to find out if he has something that cannot be treated with medicine.) He didn't suck his thumb most of the evening. I think the promise of lots of candy might have helped with that!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the M&M idea. I think it is so hard to think of costumes for kids so small. I'm wondering how much of an opinion Rylen will have at Travis' age. So, were you and Randy M&Ms too?? :)

Unknown said...

You are one super smart mommy- I noticed the hole cut in the sock before I even read the update. - Good job on the glove thing to keep away the germs too! I have to say I love the post before about the yard people- I have no idea at this time but I am totally digging his creativity. Maybe you can go online and find some play equipment like the lawnmower that will fit in- or browse Lowes or Home Depot for some ideas?! You are amazing my friend!