Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sleep Intervention

Whenever I decide to work on either sleeping or napping, something goes crazy. I think Travis must be able to read because the morning after the previous post he woke up at 5:11 am. And this morning he woke up at 5:23 am. Great. So we start the day sleep deprived.

I will try one more time to get Justin to nap. I really need to do something to make certain that therapy is productive and worth the money. (BTW I called our new insurance and the person with whom I spoke said that it didn't appear that there was a limit on therapy, but everything isn't loaded into the system yet. I can call back later if I want. Sure, I have nothing but time...)

Nap: I replaced the batteries in the sound machine and fired up the water sound. Justin went to sleep beautifully. For 30 mins. Then he rolled onto his side and cried big tears and whined, not really cried, for the next 1 1/2 hours. And Travis, who I had gone to bed early because of his early morning, woke up crying after 1 hour of nap, so I went in and laid down with him to listen to Justin whine/cry. Travis slept and I even did for a few minutes, until the toddler bed got a little too small for the 2 of us. Then I just laid there and tried not to move. Then we all got up and I had to run another errand (it's that time of year) and Justin fell asleep in the car at 4:45 and I had to wake him up at 6 pm. Justin had a good night last night and didn't wake until 6 am, which is the magical hour after which I allow my children to get out of bed.

I think I need to make a more concerted effort to teach Travis his numbers so that he can read the digital clock in his room so that he doesn't get up too early. Either that or get one of the light alarm clocks so he cannot get up until the light is on. The problem is that the light comes on slowly so Travis will say there is light when it is only a tiny bit. He is too smart for my good.

1 comment:

JSue said...

I'm sorry, dear. If I could, I would come over and hold Justin so that he would stay on his back and sleep while you are able to get things done...

Love ya! And praying (for me to) to figure these sweet little boys out.