Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sleep Intervention Cont'd

I am really trying to work on the afternoon nap. I figure I can start there at least.


Travis: He slept for 3 hours in his bed and then he woke up crying, as usual (Want Mommy!) so I got him up and we were sitting on the couch when he fell back asleep. He has been wanting to sleep on my shoulder, so I let him since I had Randy for Justin duty. He slept for another HOUR and then I had to wake him to go over to family's house for dinner. So a total of a 4 hour nap. I would like to switch an hour of that to night sleep. Is that possible?


Justin: He slept for 30 mins and then when he woke I went in to reassure him and he cried for another 20 mins and then he went back to sleep for another hour and when he woke, Randy got him up since it was after the 2 hour mark I said that I would leave him in bed. Then he also fell asleep on Randy's shoulder until we had to wake him up to go to dinner. So he had a good nap, in spurts. I hate that it is so choppy, but 2 parents snuggling with their babies cannot be bad! I love Saturdays!


Then we had dinner with Randy's brother and his family who were visiting from out of town. We got another cousin picture, although it is quite a challenge to get everyone looking at the camera. This is the best we could do before Travis started melting down.


Justin was more fascinated with the reindeer than with the camera. We have to work on that before Christmas because I know we are going to want LOTS of pictures then. They look so cute together! And Travis had a blast playing with "Baby Lauren" as he calls her.


1 comment:

D'Lyn said...

This all REALLY makes me appreciate the fact that my girls are finally past all this now!!!

I had a friend in Ft. Worth who put black-out drapes in her son's room. It was pitch black, but the trick she needed to get him to sleep later.

I used to set Abbie's alarm clock for music and she wasn't allowed to make a peep until that went off. It took a while to get her going on that, but it eventually worked!