Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Physical Therapy

We had our first physical therapy appointment this morning. It was so great! I really liked the therapist. She did a very thorough evaluation and picked up on things that I hadn't even noticed. I am learning the lingo and the things that the therapists are looking for Justin to be able to do. There are so many "milestones" that I never even knew existed. He can hold items centered with both of his hands, he crosses mid line with one hand to grab things on the opposite side, and he can move his head in every direction. The therapist today noted that when Justin is seated, he does not reach above 90 degrees to grab an object. I never noticed that. And he stretches out his right arm when he is trying to support himself on his stomach (he doesn't keep his arms underneath him). He is REALLY attached to his thumb too, so we have to find something interesting enough to encourage him to take his thumb out and reach for it. She said that overall his muscle tone seems good, but at the joints it seems to be a bit weaker. She even took his shirt off and had me encourage him to move his head and arm so that she could see how the muscles in his back moved. Wow! I was very impressed. We go back on Thursday and I hope Justin is in a good mood to do some good work. She will give us some exercises to work on, but just watching her gives me lots of new ideas.


This was the place that warned me about the potential problem with our new insurance. I also went to another place yesterday, and both places verified my insurance and found out what I owe, and yet they charged me vastly different amounts. So SOMEONE is wrong, and I am hoping it is the place today and that they are also wrong about our new insurance. A girl can hope, right?

1 comment:

Court said...

Hope and pray (I'll be praying). I'm glad the appointment went so well. I'll be praying for favor regarding insurance and therapy.