Thursday, November 27, 2008

Full of Thanksgiving

There is a song by Caedmon's Call called Thankful (I think. Ask anyone, I am horrible at remembering names of songs/bands!) The chorus goes something like this, "I'm so thankful, that I'm incapable of doing any good on my own." Every time I think of being thankful, I come back to that song. I am so very thankful that I cannot do ANYTHING on my own. Certainly nothing good. When I try to go it alone, I often crash and burn. Or other times I am just not content. It's not comfortable being outside of God's circle.


Last night when Randy came home with our new car (it's pretty, by the way, and NOT a firetruck...) all I could think about was how thankful I am that we have the resources to buy a car when we "need" it. I am thankful for all of the usual things: family, my home, life, health. But this morning I woke up to change Travis' sheets when he pee-peed in bed and I couldn't go back to sleep. I started thinking about the things that I usually brush over and assume will always be there: my husband, his job, clothes, electricity, the ability to do nearly whatever I want whenever I want. This year it seems like there is so much more for which to be thankful, but it truly is the same as always. God had made himself visible in new ways. But he is the same as he has always been. It is ME who is different. I am so thankful.



No comments: