Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yes, they're still here...

We saw the raccoons again Tuesday morning. I CANNOT believe that after the weekend of jackhammering they did not move out. I would think they would not get any sleep during the day and that would make them look for new housing. Apparently not. Then it rained on Thursday and on Friday night we were outside grilling some burgers and we saw this:


RACCOON TRACKS!

The little stinkers! I feel like this is an all out war, and we are losing the battles, but I know in the end we will have victory.



I am getting very excited! We are having a dumpster delivered this week. Now that surgery has been postponed, we can get excited about the deck project. And of course my planning mode can kick in. It didn't take Randy near as long to mow the grass today with the backyard being in such disarray. Half is dirt and the other half is full of rock fragments. Randy cleaned out the gutters and he said that he even found rocks up there! He also worked more on demo today. He said that he heard some shuffling under the deck, but he didn't see any eyes peaking out at him, and nothing bit him. He did promise me that if he did get bitten he would tell me immediately so that I could take him to get a rabies shot. It is looking so great, but it just makes us more aware of how HUGE this project is! Here are some more pictures from the progress today. We added another pile to the picture array. Randy has started dismantling the deck, so now we have wood in the garage. Randy's car has been relegated to the driveway for the time being.





No comments: