Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to the Cardiologist

We were back at the cardiologist yesterday for our last pre-op appointment before the big day. We went through all the tests: echo, EKG, and chest x-ray and all looks still good. No need for medicine and he is growing well. The doctor is still pleased, which makes me pleased. Of course all of this took over 4 hours and just the waiting and stress makes me feel like I have gone through a wringer. Fortunately, the person with whom I left Travis graciously invited Travis and me to stay for dinner, plus she sent home a plate for Randy! I really needed that. She really was amazing. It's difficult to say to someone, "Here's my child and I hope to be back before he has to go to bed!" I really have no clue how long anything will take and traffic always adds a twist too. There are so many health issues that are treated at TCH, and in the echo waiting room there were 2 cousins waiting for another cousin to have her heart checked after finishing chemo treatments. The little girl being tested was only 14 months old and she was already finishing chemo. That family has gone through so much too. I consider myself pretty blessed that once this surgery is over, we really will be in the clear for a while, I hope. Justin does have a greater chance of having leukemia and some other illnesses, but for now I just want to take the time to enjoy my 2 boys. I can see already that Justin is taking to Travis. He looks at him and follows him with his eyes across the room, and when Travis sits next to us on the couch while I am feeding Justin, he tilts his head back to see that he is there. It is great to see my 2 boys bonding already!


Travis was being a good big brother yesterday morning. He shared one of his baby dolls with Justin so I had to take a picture:

1 comment:

Kerri Schaefer said...

Each day has enought to worry about on its own. Find the joy each day brings and you will see God working! I think you are over the hump looking into the lives of others sitting in the waiting room! This means your light is shining each time you talk to them and help bring them hope also! Just one of the ways God is working in Justin's life!