Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Backyard Project

The backyard project has begun. Randy decided that it was too much for the group (whoever comes) to do in one weekend and he didn't want them to have all the fun so he has been chipping away at the waterfall. You can't really tell. Well, that's not entirely true. There is a huge pile of rocks which our neighbor has been taking a few at a time to build a little wall around her flower beds. The waterfall does look a bit smaller, but there is still a lot to go. So please don't feel like you have been jipped because Randy started without you. It has been a whole family affair. Randy's dad has helped, and so have Travis and I. Travis likes the dirt that we uncovered behind the back wall. He helped scoop the dirt out and...okay, he really just played in the dirt!
We have a picture of the before. I didn't take a picture of the back because I didn't know that the most progress would be visible from the back, but I suspect you can imagine what it looked like before.



And this is the now, after this weekend of work:




I think we have decided to rent a jackhammer for next weekend. I hope that finishes off the waterfall part at least. I thought (okay, hoped!) we might have scared away our friends, but I saw them come out last night after dark. I didn't see them come back this morning, but I have great faith that they are still there. I told you, they are smart little guys! We did pry off some boards to try some more Critter Ridder; we'll see if it works...

No comments: