Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Week

I apologize for not having pictures but still no camera. It is a process...

So, this is what has been happening with us:

  1. We had some bad weather this week. It was very rainy and wet. It rained Monday night so Travis ended up in bed with us. And as with most toddlers, he is VERY squirmy, so I didn't sleep much. But wouldn't you know it, the cat decided to throw up during one of Travis' calmer moments. So I didn't get up and clean it up. So in the morning, wouldn't you know, I stepped in it. Good morning to me.
  2. Justin hasn't been drinking well out of a cup. We have tried water, juice (several kinds), milk, and breast milk. He will take it out of a cup, but then he either lets it run out of the corners of his mouth, or he spits it out. And I do mean SPIT. This causes several problems, not the least of which is changing outfits several times a day. Or wearing a raincoat.
  3. We have started using kinesio tape for PT. If you watched the Olympics, it's the black tape that the volleyball player was wearing on their shoulders. It's supposed to add support and stability. We did a patch test last week to see if his skin is sensitive to it, and then Penny put it on today. It sticks VERY well. To get it off, you must cover the area with some sort of oil (baby, vegetable, etc.) and let it sit for 20 minutes. Then peel the tape holding the skin. It was a small patch and it took a minute to pull it off. And Justin did not like it. Now we are taped across the back of his legs. (Sorry, no pics...) It is supposed to stay on for 4-5 days and then be off for 2 days before retaping. And we can do 2-3 areas at once. Penny wants to do his back/scapula area to help with crawling too. But we'll see how the legs do first.
  4. Also, our PT office added a speech therapist so we are able to switch from where we are going for Speech and have them both in the same place. SO HAPPY! I just love their office manager and she takes such good care of us. It's like a family, and at the other place, it's like a doctor's office. We go to enough of those anyway, I don't want to go every week if I can avoid it. But it means an 8:30 apt. every week. That's early, even for me!
  5. I got cocky, so I got knocked down today. First, Justin really is in a mommy phase. (I think I mentioned that...) He doesn't particularly like our ECI/Keep Pace therapist (Lucy)and he screams bloody murder if I walk away from him while she's here. The problem is that she is here from 11-12 pm so I really need to have lunch ready for right when she leaves. For some reason, Justin seems to do okay with Penny (our PT). Which is great because Travis ALWAYS has to go to the bathroom during therapy. So I was going to say how great it is that I can take Travis without making him hurry because Justin likes Miss Penny. Well, today that was NOT the case. I heard him screaming as soon as I returned to the office. From down a VERY long hallway. So much for that theory! Second, Justin hasn't SPIT water/liquid out of his mouth for about 3 days and I was so excited because he seemed to be drinking prune juice (watered down) fairly well. That was the best I have done so far. Well, we were talking and drinking and then he spit water farther than he has ever spit it before. All over my white blouse. PRUNE juice with water. White blouse. Early in the day. Not good. I should mention that laundry day is Tuesday if anyone would like to tackle the mess that is MY clothes from feeding Justin.

Just a little something. We will be traveling up to Wisconsin this month, and then my sister's wedding the end of the month. It will be good!

No comments: