Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Little J is One!

One year ago today our world changed. We added another sweet boy to our family! He arrived early in the morning, and we spent the rest of the day basking in all that was our new boy: his smell, his fingers and toes, his pouty lips, and his breath as he slept. He sighed as he slept, sometimes the only sign he was still with us. Travis adored him, and still does. He wanted to hold him and take him in the same way we did. Travis knew he was special, and so did we.





Today is a day to celebrate! We made it ONE WHOLE YEAR! The first days we weren't certain we would survive a day or a week, but now our little boy is a wonderful one! It's been quite the year, but Justin acts as if it were nothing. Isn't that good? I am not even sure what to say. What is Justin to us? He is hope for eternity. He is compassion and love. He is as unique a member of our family as Travis or Randy. There is no other person quite like him. And we have so much more to learn about that little person. What do I love about Justin? That I am his very favorite person in the whole world (for now!) That his eyes are windows to his soul. That he can light up a room better than anyone. That he is changing and learning and doing more each and every day. That so many people love him and consider him their child and grandchild. That he is our son.







I am becoming a better person because of Justin. I think that sums it up. What a year! SO many more to come!

5 comments:

Amy Mac said...

Justin is so precious! We so enjoyed his birthday party on Saturday--what a great celebration!

Kelsey said...

What a year it's been! Justin is just the sweetest thing and he really does light up the room. You guys are doing a wonderful job!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Justin!

Unknown said...

he is just sooo pretty- I can say that while he is still little! I love how he has his hands out and a bit smile on his face as if to say-"look at me I am soo cute" Thanks for sharing him with us on your blog.

Sally said...

I'm totally LATE, but I wanted to wish a happy birthday to Justin! Both of your boys are so, so adorable!