Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Mighty Huntress

Oh yes!! I caught my first possum! I am so excited! We have been catching animals nearly every week, and after the last possum we hadn't set the trap in a few days. We like to wash it off before we try again, so I washed the cage and set it. It took two nights, but last night while I was at work, SUCCESS!! Randy is freeing him at his new home as I type this. I think we'll wait until after Easter to try again, but now that I have done it once, I am ready to try again! Maybe I can take over as the trapper of the family!

So we had another drain back up this week like we did at Travis' birthday party. The plumber said not to use the disposal because it's nothing but trouble. (You should have seen this guy! What a hoot!) Anyway, so I asked if I should compost instead. Because you know, we don't get enough animals coming through our yard, I should start FEEDING them to ensure their continued passage!! He said I should put up a fence...like the one we have around our yard......?

No comments: