Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Separation Anxiety

Boy, have we got it BAD here! I prayed during Justin's surgery that he wouldn't hate me or be affected by me giving him to the anesthesiologist for his surgery. He didn't even remember, or at least he didn't hold it against me, and now he won't let me go. He is upset at least some of the time whenever I leave him with anyone else. Even daddy! It's not the thing that Travis did where he was upset for a couple of minutes and then calmed down and was fine. No, this is full blown hysterics to the point of being unable to breathe! I cannot leave him with my mom, at the church nursery, even to run an errand with family without some sort of crying/hysteria. Sometimes it's worse than others, and I can survive for an hour or two, and other times it doesn't even take 10 minutes before I get the call, "When will you be back??" over muffled cries. He can be doing well and then he hears my voice and the waterworks return. This week has been particularly bad for some reason. Maybe I am just more tired, or maybe Justin is growing some more teeth (always a fave excuse!) but for some reason we cannot be apart for long. A very good friend gave me some much needed encouragement today when she said that mobility goes a long way towards developing that independent spirit that realizes that mommy and I are not one. So, please pray for mobility: crawling, scooting, walking, I am not particular! My shoulders are getting hunched over from carrying anyway. (Seriously, I cannot even leave the room for very long without tears, which means I often carry him around the house in the snugglie carrier to get anything done...)

No comments: