Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

It's Easter and it's wet and raining outside, but in here it's a party! We went to early church and then the Easter egg hunt INSIDE of course. The Easter bunny was there and we got a few pictures. It was very crowded, but the kids had so much fun. Even Justin got in the spirit a bit and went after some eggs, although Travis had to help him fill his basket. (He also offered to empty it into his basket later on!) The boys looked adorable in their Easter outfits! It's always a challenge to find something for boys to wear. Thank goodness for plaid! And sweater vests!






The eggs were just on the floor in the hallways in the building so the kids were grabbing them and filling their baskets quickly. Then trying to get pictures was crazy! No one ran into Justin and he actually did very well. Daddy had to help a little.




I've got one, but I really want THAT one over there!




I really like the boys' outfits. Justin likes the Easter grass.





Travis wasn't getting anywhere NEAR the Easter bunny. Justin just wanted to grab his nose.

The rest of the day is naps and dinner with the family. The sun is starting to come out so maybe we'll dry out before the day is over. My grandmother says that Easter is sweeter every year for her as she gets closer to the days she will see Jesus face to face. This year was very sweet for me too. I think as I realize more and more how desperately I need a Savior, I am thankful for Jesus making a way for me and anyone who wants to come to him. It's a very good thing indeed!

No comments: