Sunday, April 26, 2009

Touch a Truck

Yesterday we went to a Touch a Truck fundraiser at a nearby church. They had so many different kinds of trucks! Travis was in love! He was shaking he was so excited! There are not enough exclamation points possible to express his love of this event!!


They had a firetruck, a mail truck, a Schwan's truck, the Freebird's VW van, a race car, 2 semi tractor trailers, a U-Haul, an ATV (quad), a tractor, a fork lift, a school bus, several totally decked out pick-up trucks from the local Ford dealership, a plumber's truck, and a police car. And they let the kids have complete access! They blew the horns, ran the sirens, climbed all over, and sprayed water from the hoses of the firetruck. I am fairly certain I lost some hearing during the time we were there. It was a fabulous time. The weather was beautiful. Travis would have stayed forever, and Justin seemed to enjoy himself as well. There were just enough people there so as not to have to wait in long lines to climb in the vehicles, but to encourage a little bit of patience.




The first thing the owner of this truck did was to show him the location of the air horn. SO glad he did that...


Can you see the size of this grin?? It was there the entire time we were there!




Can you believe they make air conditioned tractors now? The man from the John Deere store said we could take this home for $29,000. And that's without any attachments. While Travis might love it, I think we'll save the money for college!




There's that smile again!

I wanted to get him more into the scoop, but Justin was wondering what I was doing and didn't really cooperate. Everyone laughed at our picture!


Justin driving the police car. He wasn't quite sure about that...

Travis driving the fire truck. The firemen had the ladder extended and they climbed up it every once and a while for the kids to see. Travis really wanted to climb the ladder.

The boys enjoyed the firetruck the best I think. I had come right from work, so that's why I am wearing my uniform.

And this was another of Travis' favorites...spraying water. And every other kid enjoyed it too! I think we had a lake in the parking lot by the time we were through!

Oh, and we still haven't bought a camera. We borrowed one from our neighbor. I am so glad we did!

3 comments:

~Erin said...

Looks like Travis was in heaven! I'm so glad you were able to document the event! Oh, and I think it is time for a camera :)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic way to spend the day! That was definitely a dream come true for that sweet boy- It is written all over his face!

Court said...

What a perfect event for Travis! I'm so glad you all got to go, uniform and all.