Monday, April 6, 2009

Shipping Day

In preparation for my sister moving to Seattle, she has spent the past 2 weeks or so packing boxes to be shipped. They are planning to drive, and while she isn't taking a lot of furniture, it is far, so she wanted to send as much as possible on ahead. Her fiance is in town for a few days, so he wanted to take the opportunity to be helpful and do the shipping while he was here. Oh my, was that fun! We shipped everything cargo on the airline, and we (I say we, I just watched) wrapped it all up in plastic and hauled it to the airport last night. She sent 34 pieces on the airline- nearly 1000 pounds! I am not sure where it's all going to fit in Jerry's house, but it's on its way! It was so amusing to watch the happy couple try to do this project together. I laugh, but it SO could have been Randy and me! And since I last shared our animal trappings, we have caught another armadillo and a possum. We took the possum with us to the airport, and I almost considered slipping it into one of the boxes to ensure it would NOT find its way back, but I took pity, and we found him a nice new home somewhere between here and there.






And Justin did his very best to help. He had fun, and no bubbles were popped in the taking of this picture!



No comments: