Sunday, December 19, 2010

More Christmas Creations

After last year I added "Make Christmas ornaments" to our holiday to-do list.  We had to do some quick thinking last year to come up with an ornament to give to the family, so this year I didn't want to let that happen again.  A friend shared this idea with me to make yummy-smelling ornaments out of cinnamon and applesauce.  It sounded easy enough, so we gave it a try.  It worked out like a charm, the first time even, so I was thrilled.  We were able to make then early and then paint them, which was fun for both me and Travis  (I did the candy cane while the kids were napping.  Travis did the bell when he woke up.)  They smell so great too.  I am curious how they will smell next year.  I am actually more curious how the rest of our Christmas ornaments will smell!  Everyone is very impressed.  Anyone have any ideas for next year? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We made snowmen ornaments this year. I painted the boys hand with white paint and then had them put it on an ornament ball. When dry, I painted their fingers like snowmen. I'll send ya a picture! They turned out so cute and are really easy to do. Nice as a keepsake for how big their hands are at a certain age. I even got Jace to do it!