Sunday, December 12, 2010

Haircuts

As soon as we found out that my mom was going to need chemo she promised Travis that he could cut her hair when it was time.  Well, this weekend it was time.  I wasn't sure about documenting this for ourselves much less to share on the blog, but one of the first things my mom said when she came for her new do was that her friend had requested a video for the blog.  So only because of Mommy Sharon is this getting posted.  It was quite the sight, and Travis loved it!  He was really proud of his handiwork.

And the day before the big day I was out walking with my neighbor.  God placed her next door to us at just the perfect time to be going through this with us.  She is also going through breast cancer and her hair is just growing back from chemo.  She requested a "trim" from the barber of the family (Randy, not Travis, just to clarify!)  She asked me to call when we were ready for her and she came over and got a little trim around the ears and across the back.  It was so funny watching all this happen in our kitchen!






This is the end results, the trimmer and the trimee:



My mom is doing very well with chemo. She is tired and achy, but she is keeping her spirits high.  She is now done with 3 of 12 in this round.  Number four is this week.  And our neighbor's last radiation is this week.  We are all planning a big party! 

No comments: