Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's Up

I am sorry for not writing sooner. There hasn't been a whole lot going on. Nothing of real note anyway. But here's a few things we have been doing:

  1. We caught another possum. We catch and release, far away from our home, across busy roads. Randy says if they can find their way back, they can stay. I'm not sure how he knows if it's the same possum. We certainly don't mark them.
  2. More insurance woes. We started our new insurance and it doesn't appear to be paying for therapy the way we thought it would. So instead of $3.61 it is $25 per session. And we will probably be cut off after 25 visits. At our current rate that will be about mid March. I asked Justin's therapist today if she felt we could cut back and still get benefit and not lose ground. She was confident that we could, and so we will probably cut back to prolong our sessions. If he regresses we can pick back up, but then the rest of the year we would have to pay out of pocket. I think it's somewhere between $100 and $125 per session. More than we want to pay, but we trust that if it's necessary, God will provide.
  3. I am in the throes of planning Big T's birthday party! It is a Disney Car's theme party. He is very excited. It is a bit tough explaining that while yes, his birthday is not until next month, his party is this month. We got a present in the mail today and he followed me around the house whining about opening the box. "But I REALLY want to open it!" Oh, well if you REALLY want to do it, then it's okay. That is the exception to "no".
  4. Justin is sleeping like a champ! I decided to start keeping track of his eating and sleeping to see if I could see anything that needed to be changed to help him sleep better, but as soon as I started keeping track, he started sleeping. Apparently the subtle threats worked. I wish I knew how...
  5. When we started letting Travis sleep without diapers, we still got him up before we went to bed to go to the bathroom to avoid excessive potty accidents during the night. Well, we stopped that on New Year's Eve because we were afraid the fireworks would keep him up. He did great for a while, but he has these spells where every few days he will have 2 or 3 nights of accidents in a row. I got tired of doing laundry, so I made him wear a diaper the other night. He hasn't worn a diaper in about 2 1/2 months, so it was hysterical watching him walk with it on! He kept pulling at it and saying that it felt funny. But no accident. So I let him go without, but told him he had to wash his laundry if he had an accident. So last night I got the call, "Mommy, I pee-peed in my bed!" Why doesn't he ever call Daddy?? So we change the sheets, and it was laundry day today so I caved and didn't make him wash the sheets. But if he has an accident tonight, there will be laundry duty in his future! I think we will go back to waking him before we go to bed to take him to the bathroom.

That's about all. This will be a big weekend: 2 parties!! Travis and SUPERBOWL. We are huge football fans, and Travis was actually due on Superbowl Sunday 2006, but it is my belief that he came early so he could watch the game with us. I told him that I would be watching the game even if I was in labor, so it would do him better to avoid that day. Very thoughtful, wasn't he?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Busy busy! Maybe I should think about Rylen's food and sleep. Do you think he would start sleeping at night again? Maybe Justin could give him a reminder.