Thursday, January 8, 2009

Picture DayS

We went to take nine month pictures of Justin this week. I say this week because we went 3 times to try to get pictures. Pictures with Justin smiling. It didn't happen. Not even one smiling picture. I have never felt like such a failure as a parent before today. Okay, so I probably have, but today is looming so large I cannot think of anything else.



One of the things I hoped to accomplish with this blog was to be real and honest so people can see both the bad and the good of our lives. Today was one of the bad days. Nothing seemed to go right and I pushed the kids beyond what I knew was good to get everything done. And at the end of the day was pictures. You know it wasn't going to be good. I did end up with some decent pictures, but not enough to get the CD so I could post some here. But by the time we were heading home it was almost 6 pm and the boys take a bath at 6:30 and they hadn't eaten dinner. I rushed home and got some food out for Justin and I didn't know what I was going to feed Travis. Then I remembered that I had been to the bread store earlier and we had gotten a treat for daddy (and Travis). And that was how I fed Travis a doughnut for dinner. I meant to give him an apple or yogurt, but he didn't want either, and I wasn't in the mood to press him. He loved it, and the night was saved. I still remember the time my mother gave us cherry pie for breakfast. (It does have fruit after all!) Maybe Travis will remember the time he got a doughnut for dinner. I just have a strange feeling it won't just be "the" (ie. only) time.



And after all that, the only good part of pictures was that Justin sat up the WHOLE time. I did pick him up ocassionally, but he never fell over. And here is the picture from home to prove it:



He is up to at least 10 mins. sitting up, and he can even reach for toys without falling over. I am so excited that he can sit up in the bathtub now. The boys were both splashing away tonight. Justin was getting water in his face, but I am not sure if he realized that HE was the one doing it!

1 comment:

JSue said...

You know...sometimes, we have waffles for dinner. And other times, we go to IHOP.

You just gotta do what works.

And the part about feeling like you're a failure...YOU ARE SO NOT ALONE. Been there, done that...and unfortunately, I expect to be doing it again, real soon. But hopefully not this week, because I already did that today.

LYLAS ~ JSUE