Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Reflection

This past month was a bit odd for me in comparison with Decembers past. The month always seems hurried and full of lists! This year I tried to make it different by really committing to finish shopping before Thanksgiving (close, not quite!) and planning the holiday things we wanted to do to make sure we didn't miss them. I think this might be the first year in a long time that the holidays are over and I am not filled with regret. It was more of the ordinary things that were harder. I had to push to get some things for Justin. It was one of my first experiences being his advocate. I struggled with insurance issues, sleep issues, and family issues, and I didn't always come out looking very rosy. I read in one of our DS books that one of Justin's struggles will be with consistency in his muscle strength. I had to laugh! I am inconsistent in so many things, and there's one more for poor Justin! I strive to be consistent, but I ignore the source of my strength. The only way to improve my "consistency muscle" is to flex it more frequently. I am thankful for the little reminders God sends me. Even in boring textbooks!

No comments: