Thursday, January 29, 2009

Glorious Days and Nights

When I woke up this morning I had the wonderful thought that it was the first time at least since Justin was born that I went to bed at the time I wanted, woke up at the time I wanted, and nothing in between! It was truly glorious!


And yesterday we had no therapy appointments and I was just party-planning, so we stayed home and did...nothing! I did take food to a friend who just had a baby, and Travis helped me cook, but other than that, we played and read books and talked and just were a family. There were lots of things I COULD have done, but I decided the few days with no pressing obligations should be cherished, and so we did. It was glorious!


And Travis has not had a potty accident for two nights, but he has made up for it by peeing on me and all over his clothes each of the past two days. I think I almost prefer the night bed changes because then there is none on me. And there is less laundry. It is an automatic reaction for me to try to keep the pee in the potty when I see it flying rather than get out of the way because if I can keep it down it doesn't fly everywhere and make an even bigger mess. So I almost throw my hands and body toward the pee in a containment effort. It has to be funny if ever there would be anyone watching, but I think that probably won't ever happen, so it will just have to be imagined how we look. The first few times Travis thought this was funny, but he has since learned I do not think it's as funny as he does, so he is quick to apologize. So that may not be quite as glorious, but I am SO thankful that I do not have to change Travis' diapers anymore. THAT is glorious!

The boys have been playing so well together. Justin reaches for Travis and watches him play. I can tell he wants to join, and I know it will be soon. Travis likes climbing in Justin's crib after his naps, and then he plays with the toys that are attached to the sides of the crib. Yesterday they were playing with the butterfly that makes music when you pull the ring at the bottom. Justin just likes biting on it, but Travis likes making music so they had to share. Travis pulled the ring and Justin chewed on it. And Travis helped Justin chew on it. It was great fun! And glorious too!


No comments: