Thursday, August 28, 2008

Training

So I was able to go to training for work on Tuesday. It ended up being a bit of a production: Travis went to stay with Me-Me and Pop and Randy stayed home with Justin. Randy stayed home because we had a man coming for an estimate on the door, and plus it would have been too mean for anyone to try to handle both boys, given that one would most likely refuse to eat and cry instead. And Justin also has been boycotting naps, which combined with not eating makes for a crabby baby.

The plan was that if Justin refused to eat at 10 am (I fed him before I left at 7 am), Randy would bring him up to the training center during my lunch break for me to feed him. And then we only had to make it though the afternoon. I was scheduled to finish training at 6 pm and we often get out a bit early, but I didn't want to promise Randy too much. I have gone to this training every year and we have never gotten out more than about 45 mins. early. This time we were done 2 1/2 hours early! Just in time for Justin!

The moral of the story is we all survived: I passed my training so I can work for another year, while Justin didn't eat as well as we had hoped, he didn't scream all day, so that means Randy agreed to try it again, and of course Travis had a great day with Me-Me and Pop (he won gold medals you see!)

The big test is Saturday: I have to go to real work, where I am unavailable all day long, so there can be no trips to see Mommy at lunchtime. And I will not be home 2 1/2 hours early. I may even be late, given the hurricane forming in the Gulf. Please pray for good weather!

No comments: