Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting Ready for Surgery

This is the first time I feel like I have to apologize for not posting for so long, but I have been doing a ton to prepare for surgery. I have 2 posts that I have started and not finished because I feel like my thoughts are not complete yet. But mostly I have been working on the computer every night trying to put down everything I can think of about Travis and his schedule and our house for anyone who might need to take care of him. It's a whole lot more than I thought it would be. It's difficult to think about all of his idiosyncrasies and quirks, plus all of the things that anyone would need to know about our home. Like how to work all of the remote controls for the TV, where the cat food is, and what days are trash days. Crazy, isn't it? I know Travis will be okay, but I will miss him so much. I hope I can see him every other day at least, but I know that hospital will not be a fun place for him.

I will get my work schedule for September on the day of the surgery. I am a little worried about what I will get because next month is the first month of the cutbacks that were announced a couple of months ago. Everything will be a little different and I don't have the option of red eye flights anymore. I am praying for turns that will have me back early in the day. I am hoping not to have to fly much at least for the first few months. Thanks for praying for us. We really do feel the comfort and peace that the prayers bring.

No comments: