Monday, August 4, 2008

Justin

One year ago yesterday (sorry, this is a day late!) I found out I was pregnant with Justin. We had Travis' 18 month pictures taken that day so I have the picture with the pregnancy test, like everyone has, plus a family portrait too. I have a friend who suffered a miscarriage and then had a family picture taken shortly after that and whenever she looks at the pictures, she remembers those feelings. I look at that picture and I think about how innocent we were. I was so excited to be pregnant! It was like my little secret: Justin was there, even though he wasn't really in the picture. Now I am overwhelmed by so many different feelings when I look at that picture. The feelings that I have in that picture are the ones that seem so elusive and that I hope to recapture one day soon.

Justin is doing well overall. He is up to 10 pounds 11 ounces, which I consider an accomplishment. He is holding his head up most of the time. He doesn't hold himself on his feet, as a typical child should do at his age, but he is starting to push off if we hold him upright. We put him in the door jumper and he did well with that, although he also held his feet in the air and spun himself in circles. We have propped him in the corner of the couch with the boppy pillow and put toys on it for him to play. I think he is reaching for things, but maybe it's just me thinking that. We put him on the floor under the play gym and he seems to reach for the toys that are hanging off of it. I gave the boys a bath together this week too. I was trying to save time, but they really seemed to enjoy it! Travis poured water on Justin's stomach (where the Indian shot him- his belly button!) and Justin watched him very intently. I don't have any concerns about Justin's vision right now. I think he sees everything!

We are having problems giving him a bottle. We have tried several things and each one works for a little while, but then Justin gives up and just screams. He didn't eat very well even from me this weekend, and we are concerned that he may be experiencing some of the heart-related problems they warned us about. We don't want Justin to turn into one of the sick babies who had to have surgery before Justin! Please pray that we can work through these problems and that we can make it these last 2 1/2 weeks without incident. Today did go much better, so we hope that this continues.

2 comments:

Kerri Schaefer said...

Praying for you today as you weather this storm. May Justin be determined to eat and stick with what works. May he be strong and make it until his surgery going into it strong. God knows the plans he has for you and those plans will be set forth and in action even now whlie you are waiting. I am hoping the door shopping went well. We are not having much rain yet from Edourad but it looks like y'all might be getting more thatn us! Love you!

Kerri
www.carepages.com
visit:buddhabelly

Amy Mac said...

I'll definitely be praying for Justin to eat better. I know how frustrating that can be! We'll pray he stays healthy and strong for the surgery date and then continues to stay strong.