Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ready to Go

We arrived at the hospital this morning at 8 am. We went through all the usual tests (EKG, chest x-ray, blood draw, urine sample, blood pressures in all 4 limbs) and then a tour of our new home for the next few days. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly and we even were able to camp out in our own little lounge area between tests. And Justin has managed to get a few quick cat naps. This is a very cool hospital with lots of activities for the children. And if you ever wondered where all the purple, turquoise, and orange paint was used, I have found it!

Now we are in our room for the night and they will be in at 6:30 am to get us for surgery at 7 am. Randy and I will spend the night here with Justin. Justin is taking everything like a champ. He hasn't fussed much at all. I think it is good that he is so young so he won't remember much. And as I have heard, chicks dig scars.

Yesterday was a time for "lasts" before surgery: the last time to see Travis (I waved good-bye to him about 15 times), the last time to give Justin a bath, the last time to put Justin to sleep at home... I feel a bit like we left on vacation, but I definitely won't be needing my swimming suit here!

We did manage to figure out how to post pictures, so we will do that tomorrow when there is something to see.

7 comments:

erinlo said...

Danielle- I am just catching up on everything going on and, man, I am so humbled by you. I love that you manage to see the Lord working even in such a stressful time.

Remember a couple of years ago shortly after I met you and I e-mailed you telling how I thought you were so wise?? My opinion has not changed. Not a bit.

I will be in prayer for your family and that sweet Justin. How I wish I could meet him in person!! You guys have some awfully cute kiddos.

Praying right now,
Erin L.

Anonymous said...

Randy & Danielle,

Lifting y'all up in prayers tonight and tomorrow!!

Love,

Robert, Shellie & Jonathan!!!

Unknown said...

Danielle,

We are keeping Justin in prayer, as well as you, Randy and Travis.
Please add me to that list of people who have offered to help! I will do anything at all to help you guys. All you have to do is let me know what you need.

Your strength and faith are an inspiration to me and I know to others as well. Your boys are blessed to have such an incredible mom!

Much love,
Jennifer Williams

Unknown said...

Hold each other tight tonight and tomorrow. I will be there in spirit whispering your names with each and every breath for peace, strength and wisdom for the doctors to do their very best and for Justin to come out on the other side with no complications.

~Erin said...

We are all praying, watching, and waiting for more news! Even though we cannot be there with you, you are not alone.

Kerri Schaefer said...

Praying,praying,praying! Love you guys! Keep strong! If you need anything HOLLER!!!!

texasinafrica said...

Linked via Euphrony's blog - just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you today in Austin.