Monday, May 10, 2010

Haircutting: Attempt Number 1

One of my biggest money frustrations has been boys needing haircuts so often. I could let their hair grow, but I also know that it's Houston and they like to play outside so I don't want them to get too hot. The "kid friendly" places are $17. Too much for every month. I took Travis to Sports Clips, but even with their coupons it's up to $9 (plus tip). I went to a great $5 place where we rarely had to wait, but the strip was torn down last year. We tried a few other places, but after having to redo a pitiful haircut I gave up and have it to what I had been thinking all along: We can do this at home. So this past Friday we took our first foray into the arena of home haircuts.

Travis went first and he was good at listening which way to turn his head, but he needed me to hold his hand the entire time. We had one little oops when Randy nicked his ear. Travis screamed like we had cut it off! He finally calmed down and Randy had to finish with his beard trimmer after showing him that it would not cut him at all. Travis was very leery of his ear during bath and he didn't want us to wash it or even touch it at all.





Justin was much more squirmy. He wanted to see what was going on up there. Randy had to hold his head to get him to face the right way. Justin's hair is much finer than Travis' so that was a bit more challenging, but all in all I think it was a success. Randy is a little bit of a perfectionist, particularly when it comes to hair, so this was a tall order for him to cut hair and be satisfied. I found him doing some touch-ups on Travis the next morning. Travis didn't like the hairy bath that followed the haircuts either!





I have never seen Justin getting his hair cut since I am always holding him for the operation when we are at a barber shop. Too cute! Such a big boy.

No comments: