Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ups and Downs

Travis has been having some bad dreams, so we've had to go upstairs and check on him more often during the night. I went up to check on him Wednesday night and when I came back down the stairs I slipped on the last few stairs and hurt my foot. That was at 10:45 pm. Randy used to be a trainer for the football team so he does great with injuries. He got me all fixed up and then we debated whether it was broken, and whether it warranted a trip to the emergency room. We decided it wasn't worth the co-pay and I took some Tylenol and tried to settle down. It took a while for the pain to subside enough for me to go to sleep, and by that time, Travis was in our bed from bad dreams. Randy had wrapped an ice bag to my foot, so I couldn't move much while I slept, which was okay, because Travis is quite the cuddle sleeper.

In the morning I had to decide how to get to the doctor, since of course it had to be my right foot. I arranged everything, and then Travis woke up. With a fever. So then I had to make a doctor's appointment for HIM and find someone else to get him to the doctor. Of course the appointments were for the same time, opposite directions from the house. It took several phone calls, and some logistical arranging, but we got it worked out.

My neighbor agreed to drive me, and I am so thankful for family nearby. They arrived quickly and handled Travis and Justin. Taking Travis to the doctor is no fun trip. Travis is a horrible patient. He screams bloody murder, and he acts like the doctor is going to pull his ear off when he looks inside. Travis flat refused to cough for the doctor, until he was writing up his notes, and Travis says, "Hey, Pop..." and then coughs for him. Perfect!

To end it all, my foot is broken- one of the toes, but way back in the joint. And Travis has bronchitis and an ear infection. He has antibiotic, and I am off work for 4-6 weeks. And we ordered pizza for dinner.

1 comment:

Amy Mac said...

I am so sorry all of that happened Danielle! I'll be praying that your foot heals quickly!