Thursday, February 23, 2012

This is the Kind Of Day

This was the kind of day that reminds me how great it is to live in Houston. There aren't very many of them, so I need to take note and remember this during the dog days of summer.  It was low 80s and it is February!  Shorts and playing at the park weather.  Beautiful!

This was not our first day at the park this week, but it was the first day I brought my camera.  Most of the time, my kids are in such a hurry to get out the door that I don't have time to grab the camera.  I made sure to grab it today since I wanted to document how great Justin is doing playing at the park.

I have to say that this is a very steep bridge.  When you step off, it goes down fast.  For Justin to maneuver this bridge I have had to hold on and almost drop him down to the lowest part because he cannot maintain his balance while he steps himself.  Not this time.  I tried to get the usual awkward grasp on him and he had already stepped off before I could get him.  And he stayed up!  All by himself.  Well, that seemed video worthy so here you go.  Not just one time either, but back and forth. 

So proud! 


And for Justin to ride the big boy swings has always required a mama underneath, until this week.  He has been holding on so well when sitting on my lap, I decided to try without me.  He's not going to very high, believe me, but it still counts as a solo swing.  He loved it!  I didn't need much prompting to get this smile.  He was as cool as big brother (who can "pump" by himself so I don't need to help him swing anymore - yeah!!)



Travis needed some silly shots, so here's Travis' antics at the park.







Then we needed to run.  Just because. 

"Let's run, Justin!"

So Travis takes off in the parking lot and Justin promptly runs back and... 



...jumps on brother's scooter!  Sneaky little guy!

Unfortunately for him, Travis is a fast runner and Justin didn't get a very long turn.

But it still was a great day to be a kid in Houston!

No comments: