Friday, March 2, 2012

Drywall Repair

I know, I know, where have I been?  Okay, maybe not that bad, but I have been away.  I had to work almost a real week of work.  Hey, four days is a lot for me!  And in the middle of my work week, we started the drywall repair.  Since it involved removing the water heater and we still had no faucets in two sinks, we decided to make another trip to the DeCarlo B & B (aka: Randy's parents' house).  We had a lovely time and best of all, the holes magically disappeared and some walls even were painted!  We did all the work we could do given our time constraints (we had house guests arriving the day after they were supposed to be done...)  We are planning to finish up after we choose some more paint colors.  Maybe by the end of March?  If you know us, that would be pretty quick decision-making on our part, so don't hold your breath...

Anyway, here are some of the "after" photos to compare.  Now you can see the 5 holes.  Or 5 pretty patches...



And look how much better this looks!  Yeah!  All clean and pretty-looking.  No nasty holes here, and fresh paint to boot!  And the freezer is back inside all ready for Meat Day in a couple of weeks.  (Thanks Jerry!)


And the ceiling is awesome too.  We added an access panel for easier access to the area above our kitchen.  Not just for pipes (because we had better not need that anymore...) but also for insulation and just general availability.  No more holes!


And after they finished I needed to clean and put everything away that we had moved in order to complete the project.  I was getting ready for company after all.  So I called two great friends and asked them to sacrifice their Friday night and come over and help me clean.  Can you believe they said yes?  I know!  We spent three and a half hours all three of us, cleaning (them) and doing laundry and putting everything away in some semblance of order (me).  When we got done I was tired.  So tired!  I actually sat down and watched a half hour of television and did nothing else at the same time.  Rarely happens around here.  I was so ready for bed!!!  But I went to bed with a sweet smile on my face because when my friends left, they thanked me for letting them serve me.  I have the sweetest friends!

No comments: