Sunday, March 4, 2012

Showering Baby

When my sister planned to come to town, she wanted to throw me a baby shower so in a short couple of weeks, she and my friends planned a sweet party to help welcome baby girl to our family.  I truly did not expect something so beautiful and special, but I should have knowing how creative my friends are!  They used a butterfly theme since that's what we had planned for baby girl.  (The room is blue and with all the other painting we have to do I wasn't really excited about doing more painting so blue walls become the perfect sky for flying butterflies, right?)

Here are some of the hostesses and the yummy food they made!  Even chocolate covered strawberries!  You rock, Kelsey!




So many great friends came to help celebrate.





And then the presents!   So sweet and beyond overwhelming.  Baby girl is well-loved!  Touches my heart!


The very cute teddy bear coat!  We'll have to take a trip somewhere cooler than here so she can wear it!


Our family friend, Mommy Sharon, completely outdid herself with clothes for baby girl.  She filled a diaper bag for Travis before he was born but this time she filled a diaper box!  Here's the beginning...

And the afghan she made!  Gorgeous!


And this is everything.   She is amazing and I can't wait for baby girl to meet her (and Daddy Jack too!)


This might be the cutest bathing suit ever!  I was worried about two-piece suits, but this is just perfect with the straps and flower.  Can't wait for her to grow into it!


And something for Daddy, the Aggie sippie cup.  (Something not pink!)


Plus the tutu.  She's going to be decked out I tell you!  Can she wear the tutu and drink out of the sippie cup at the same time?  (You know Aggies don't do cheerleaders after all!)


When we got home and laid it out for Randy to see, he said it looked like the living room threw up pink!  Quite the change from our usual little (big!) boy clothes.  I was just shopping for some summer clothes for the boys and I got some adorable matching robot PJs for Justin and Travis and I was so excited to show them to Randy and he just shook his head and commented on how he wasn't sure how I could make the switch to girl clothes.  He's right because I tried getting some clothes for baby girl and I was overwhelmed.  So many choices after the usual 6 racks of boy clothes.  I kind of wandered through the racks for a few minutes and then I returned to my comfort zone.  But I think this might have done the trick!

Thank you to everyone who made this day so special for our family.  We are humbled by everyone's generosity and love.  We are so very blessed my our friends and church family!  We love you all!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love seeing this post with pictures of friends I haven't seen in years. Also, aren't you just so adorable!? Hard to believe it has been 6+ years since I've seen you and we were both at that prego stage with Jake and Travis. Speaking of gifts, I'm still using the diaper bag you gave me during that visit and think of you often.
Wendy

The Ship Graphic Design said...

Hi Danielle! I don't know if you remember me since I lost track of you a long time ago. I am Catalina, your friend from back in the day when we used to take ballet classes when you were an exchange student here in Mex. We used to exchange letters in Spanish but I lost touch when I moved to Canada during my student years and well, internet was not exactly much of an option back then. I found your blog on google and I did recognized you from the pictures you posted. I am not longer living in Canada, I am back home and I hope maybe we can e-mail once in a while and catch up.
My e-mail is: theshipgraphicdesign@gmail.com
:) Catalina