Friday, March 16, 2012

Swimming Lessons

The boys started swimming lessons this week.  I wasn't sure about putting them in, especially Justin, but I decided to try it short-term, until the baby comes, and then see what happens.  I was concerned about what Justin would do sitting on the edge when the teacher was working with another student.  Justin did very well.  He sat down and waited impatiently for his next turn and he was so excited that he kept turning around to get my attention so I would see that he was in the swimming pool!  I think this picture sums up his compete enjoyment of the lesson:



He did bubbles very well, but he had a hard time kicking his legs.

It has been a long time since Travis has been swimming so I didn't know how much he would remember.  By the time the first lesson was over he was swimming (although not with great form) the (rather narrow) width of the pool.  Not a bad start!


No comments: